Real Men DO eat quiche…and they will LOVE this one! It is easy to make but will sadly, be gone in minutes. This is my very own recipe…let me know how you like it!
1 (9-inch pie shell( either frozen or homemade…if you make it yourself, just be sure to make the crust a tiny bit thicker to handle the weight of the quiche)
3 Tablespoons butter
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup tiny minced red bell pepper
1 pound lump crabmeat, picked through for shells
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
2 Tablespoons white wine
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Tiny diced mango
Tiny diced pineapple
Cilantro, minced…to taste
1. Precook the piecrust as directed on instructions for 10 minutes, or until a very light golden brown.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the green onions and red bell pepper until barely soft. Add the crabmeat, salt and pepper and the wine. Bring to a low boil and simmer for just a few minutes, then remove from heat to cool.
4. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and heavy cream, Old Bay, dry mustard and the cheeses. Slowly mix in the cooled crabmeat mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into the pre-baked pie shell. Cover the edges of the pie shell with foil to prevent overbrowning during the baking process. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until it is puffy and golden brown, and “set” when lightly jiggled.
6. Remove quiche from oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes to “set” through. Slice and serve with your pineapple-mango garnish.